Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Seth Godin on Inspiration

I was reading Seth Godin's blog this morning and I admit I'm somewhat of an acolyte of Seth's, if for no reason than he provides me with a little bit of inspiration in running my business.  This morning he suggested looking at your favorite business (I'm assuming he meant as a consumer, but hey, my favorite business is my business) and writing something every day for a month on how the business could be improved.

This was in fact why I started this blog on law office automation.  I wanted my legal practice to improve.  I have ideas all the time about improving my clients experience and their end result.  Granted, I have rules and laws that I have to function under, but my experience has been that the stricter the laws and rules, the easier it becomes to improve on the experience because variables are removed.

So for the next month, I'm going to go once a day and post on how the experience of my customers, staff and ultimately myself can be improved.  For a month, I'll list my ideas.  Then next month, I'll post what is happening on each idea.

Idea 1:  Automate the providing of general information.

I've been kicking this idea around for a long time.  One problem you have as the attorney is you end up repeating the same thing over and over again in my type of legal practice.  The basic information is critical and needs to be given to every client.

This is a process that could be automated, probably most effectively by video.  The video would need to do two things -- inform and entertain.  This would mean that not only are you getting the required information to clients, but they will remember it because it was entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. If there would be a chance to get an home solution for my home I would really grab it. It would give my home a new innovation that every home owner are dreaming of. The new technology specially made perfectly for your home. A kind of technology that would make your life more easy way to live.

    Smart Home Solutions

    ReplyDelete